Sam Sangmin Seo, founder and head of The Klaytn Foundation, says blockchain technology plays a crucial part in metaverse technology, for it provides interoperability between different metaverses.
See related article: Kakao’s Klaytn partners with OpenSea for NFT expansion in Asia
- “Blockchain can provide means to implement virtual economy in the metaverse,” Seo said.
- “But this is not everything. Blockchain is needed to communicate between different metaverses, for them to be interacted, interconnected with each other,” he said.
- Klaytn’s own cryptocurrency KLAY recently became the 57th cryptocurrency to be whitelisted by Japan, listing on BITPoint Japan crypto exchange earlier this month.
- The Klaytn blockchain is a South Korean public blockchain platform established by Ground X, the blockchain subsidiary of South Korean internet giant Kakao.
- The blockchain project is currently managed under Krust, Kakao’s Singapore-based tech subsidiary.
See related article: K-pop logs in to the metaverse strung by idols’ vagaries, inability to tour