Celsius Network has paid back US$142.8 million of its debt to Maker since July 1, data from DeFi Explore shows, as the embattled cryptocurrency lender looks to avoid a complete collapse.
See related article: Goldman Sachs said to raise US$2B for Celsius assets: report
- With the repayment, Celsius’ liquidation price for its Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) loans has dropped to US$4,967.
- Celsius has an outstanding debt of US$82 million on the Maker protocol.
- Celsius’ total investments in Maker amount to US$1.8 billion, which led to a loss of US$656.5 million, according to DeFi Explore data.
- The crypto lender halted user withdrawals and transfers on June 13, citing “extreme market conditions.”
- Celsius’ restructuring lawyers have reportedly advised filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
See related article: Celsius said to be hiring restructuring attorneys, exploring financing options