This article is all about an ultimate guide to Copper Condenser vs Aluminium Condenser.
It’s summer season & we all love cooling appliances. All the cooling appliances gadgets contain many components.
We always look for basic things and not prefer to dig deep into the technical aspects before buying a product.
Today’s topic is all about which condenser is better in the air conditioner that provides maximum cooling efficiency.
First off, welcome to Your Kitchen Arena, we feel incredibly fortunate that we got the opportunity to assist our valuable readers under any capacity.
An air conditioner is something essential in every household. It’s instead ubiquitous in every house nowadays.
Be it any place such as home, office, shops, godowns, malls, movie theaters. The AC is continuously used in summers.
Before purchasing the appliance, we all look for dimensions, brands, price, model, power consumption, and many essential things.
However, one most important factor that we forget to consider is the condenser quality and material.
What exactly is a Condenser?
A condenser is the principal unit of an electronic gadget, basically used in cooling appliances such as Refrigerators & Air Conditioners.
It’s a unit used to condense a gaseous substance into a liquid state through the cooling process.
Condensers usually are used for heat rejections in houses and industries. When the heat is transformed into a liquid state, it then transfers and throws it to the outside environment through the external unit.
With that said, let’s now discuss the types of condensers.
So, basically, there are 2 types of condensers:-
- Copper Condenser
- Aluminium Condenser
This is one of the significant factors that you need to keep in mind before you actually proceed to buy cooling appliances. Once you understand the difference between them both, you’d be able to figure out as to which one you can go with.
So, without taking much of your time, let’s dig deep and go through the complete article, which ( I recommend ) to make things sorted and clear.
Let’s dive right in:-
Reasons why you should go with Copper Condenser:-
1) Recent research has observed that an average lifespan of an aluminium condenser is around three years, whereas, for the copper condenser, it lasts about 6 years.
2) Leakages and defects happen more in aluminum ones; that’s the primary reason for the unit failure. In copper ones, almost no maintenance is required, and the lifespan is stable.
3) Copper condensers are pretty sorted, with the advance technology, it can easily get repaired at your place. However, the aluminum one’s require specific tools due to which you have to get it fixed from the service centers.
4) The Aluminium condenser releases harmful gases that affect the air of the environment. Gases are still released in copper ones; however, it doesn’t affect the environment a lot.
Reasons why you should avoid Aluminium Condenser:-
1) You must be aware of the AC’s external unit, that is where the dust gets accumulated. In most of the houses, the outer units only get cleaned during the service call a couple of times in the season.
2) So, it is easier to clean the copper ones as compared to the aluminium one’s.
3) The gap between the external unit’s tube & fin is minimal. The service technician uses the water pressure to clean the dust, which gets easier in copper units.
4) Although the copper condensers are slightly on the higher side, however, a one-time investment leads to peace of mind and a cost-effective solution.
Benefits of Copper Condenser :-
The metal material used in the unit decides whether the gadget is power & performance effective. Hence, based on various factors that we’ll discuss further, it is proven that a copper unit is much more effective than the aluminium one’s.
- So, the Beauro of Energy Efficiency (BEE) rates a product based on power efficiency. The more star ratings, the more the gadget is power efficient.
- Heat transfer ability gets affected during times of dirt accumulation. Hence the metal used is vitally important to handle critical conditions.
- So, if you have a 5-star aluminium & a 5-star copper coil unit, the heat transfer efficiency gets affected more during dirt accumulation in the aluminium than copper.
- Within a couple of years, the star rating of aluminum would drop down to 1 star, whereas in copper, it will reduce to 3 stars.
- Copper coils are always more reliable, environment friendly, and have more durability. Most importantly, these are corrosion resistant.
- If you live in an area with more pollution & dust outside, then I’d recommend you go with the copper one. Either way, the suggestion would remain the same because of its terrific performance.
- Let’s now dive into the other side of the copper units to help you better understand the overall quality.
Drawbacks of Copper Condenser :-
In this scenario, I won’t directly say disadvantages; however, there are a few things which you need to keep in mind as we want you to make a perfect decision for your house.
- Manufacturers mostly use aluminum condensers because they are economical; however, it is not for a user.
- You may find the aluminum component cheaper, but it adds up more to the expense because of its maintenance in the long run.
- The copper unit is approximately double to the price of aluminium. However, it is worth the price. It requires less maintenance or replacement.
- The material used is pretty less in aluminium as compared to the copper units, which reduced the manufacturing cost.
- Aluminium condensers are flexible in shape and size and easy to work on; however, the copper ones require extra effort; they can even take some time to get fixed.
- During the service call, the aluminium condensers can be fixed at your premise, but that may not be the case with copper condensers.
- Lastly, the condensers are the external units of a gadget. Hence there are possibilities that copper gets stolen, which is not the case with aluminium.
Therefore, it is advised to keep the unit secured as it’s an investment that you are making.
Also Read:- Inverter AC vs. 5 Star AC
Copper Condenser vs Aluminium Condenser Compared
A lot of times, we have seen the technician regarding condenser coils. Mostly, the defect happens in the aluminium coils. In most cases, it doesn’t get fixed. You have to replace it with another one.
Whereas in copper coil, it can easily be repaired, though it can take some time; however, you won’t have to purchase a new one. This results in saving a considerable amount of money on maintenance as well.
If the external unit contains copper condenser, you can rest assured for its lifespan. On average, a copper unit has a lifespan of around six years, whereas the aluminium one only lasts for a couple of years.
Aluminium is a flexible component; it doesn’t require much effort and can be made in any shape. Thus, manufacturers prefer it to save time and money.
Final Words :-
We are now aware of various facts & details about the difference between both components. To help you make a final call, let me help you with my opinion.
We respect your hard-earned money, and I aim to make sure you go with the right product, which is worth your money.
If you go with an aluminium unit, undoubtedly, you’ll get the appliance economically. However, that cost which you will save initially would result in additional maintenance charges.
As mentioned above, manufacturers tend to go with aluminum condensers because it’s cost-saving for them, but as a user, it’s more to you.
There is a lot of pollution in big cities as well, hence the efficiency of heat transfer gets lower down with aluminium units. Thereby, it takes extra time to cool down the room.
Lastly, we all want a long lifespan appliance, which requires less maintenance. So, it’s beneficial to choose a copper condenser to get an exceptional experience with peace of mind.
Thank you for reading the article. I hope that this guide of Copper Condenser vs Aluminium Condenser was helpful and now you have the answers to all your questions.
Lastly, if I’d like to choose one of them, I would go with the copper unit. The reason being, I want to spend once and get uninterrupted services.
Nowadays, there is a lot of competition in the market, and no one focuses on the user experience. Based on the guide, you can choose whatever best suits your requirement.
Additionally, please feel free to type in the comment section below if you have any doubts, questions, or queries.
If you find this article helpful, I’d appreciate a like & a social share: )