South Korean prosecutors are in the process of requesting Interpol to issue a red notice for Terraform Labs Pte. Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Kwon Do-hyung, also known as Do Kwon, according to media reports.
See related article: Terra CEO Do Kwon faces ‘illegal alien’ status in Singapore as Seoul cancels passport
- An Interpol red notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action, according to Interpol’s website.
- “I am not ‘on the run’ or anything similar – for any government agency that has shown interest to communicate, we are in full cooperation and we don’t have anything to hide,” Kwon tweeted on Sunday.
- South Korean prosecutors alleged that Kwon is “obviously on the run” and claimed he was not cooperating with the investigation, Yonhap News Agency reported on Sunday.
- Singapore police told the media that Kwon is currently not in the city-state as was widely suspected.
- Prosecutors in Seoul last week issued a local arrest warrant for Kwon along with five others and started the procedure to cancel the Terra founder’s passport.
See related article: For South Korea, making Do Kwon pay for his alleged crimes easier said than done