See related article: Bitcoin price hits all-time high after ProShares ETF debut
- ProShares Short Bitcoin Strategy ETF is scheduled to begin trading on the NYSE on Tuesday under the ticker BITI.
- A short Bitcoin-backed ETF allows investors to profit from falling Bitcoin prices.
- Bitcoin has fallen roughly 70% from its all-time high in November last year and was changing hands at US$20,575 at publishing time.
- ProShares launched the first Bitcoin Futures ETF in the U.S. last October, before Bitcoin rallied to its record-high price.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has yet to grant approval to a spot-traded Bitcoin ETF.
See related article: ProShares seeks to alter BTC ETF after less than a week